Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Curly Girl Method [Introduction]

If you gals hadn't already noticed, I have naturally curly hair; type 3b corkscrew to be exact. I love my curls, but that hasn't always been the case. There was a time (3rd-9th grade) when my curls were my enemy! They were always frizzy, poofy and a pain in the butt to brush! 

Over the years I have picked up a lot of tips and tried a ton of products. I ran across a technique a year or so ago that changed my curly life... The Curly Girl Method. This method was created by Lorraine Massey, a hairdresser from the UK. She understood the needs of curly girls, she being one herself, and developed a system that can change your hair forever! 

I noticed a real difference after just a week, and even after the first day it looked better! So how does this method work and what's involved? 

To make it simple I'm gonna break it into parts.
1.Cleanse
2.Dry
3.Style
4.Products

Follow these parts in order, and you'll be a Curly Girl in no time!

Before you head on to the first step, here are some general rules:
1. NO SULFATES (no shampoo unless it's sulfate free!)
2. NO SILICONES (silicones can only be removed from your hair with SULFATES, and we don't like sulfates!)
3. Moisturize Hair Daily
4. No more Terrycloth towels
5. No more blow drying (unless you use a diffuser)
6. Love your curls!

Ok, Let's get started! Head over to the next post:

No comments: