Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sexy In Suede

I am in LOVE with my new Julep Matte/Suede topcoat! It came as a part of my November Julep Maven Box. Along with it were two Suede finish polishes. I'll swatch those later. For now, let's talk about this topcoat! 

This is my first experience with matte finishes. I always had a bit of an aversion to them. I imagined them as having a chalky feel, or feeling like un-glazed ceramic. I'm not a fan of that feel/texture. I almost skipped this month's Julep box because I wasn't too keen to try the mattes. 

After looking at a few of my fellow bloggers posts on the subject of matte polish, I decided to go ahead and give it a try. I am so glad that I did! 

The first thing I tried was the topcoat. I had just done my nails the day before and in the interest of not redoing my manicure, I thought I would just try the topcoat on top of my mani. It went on glossy just like any other topcoat. As it dried the shine went away. I actually loved the look. I waited for it to dry and touched it. It felt like a soft suede. Amazing! Even on top of my glitter manicure, it looked great!


It looks like it has a tiny bit of shine, but that's the flash of my camera. in person it's not that shiny. It's a soft, brushed satin kind of look. I love it on top of my glitter manicure! I had on 2 coats of OPI's I Brake For Manicures and 2 coats of OPI's Pirouette My Whistle. I topped it off with 1 coat of Julep's Matte Top Coat.

The above picture shows OPI's Pirouette My Whistle. I love the silver micro glitter and matte pearl hex glitter! With the matte topcoat, it's a beautiful look. I give this topcoat 5/5 stars!

If you're interested in trying out Julep's polishes and/or monthly Maven Boxes just click the link below!



No comments: