Sunday, December 2, 2012

Let It Snow Challenge: Week 1

Week 1: Let it Snow Challenge
Snowflakes

For this look, I didn't want to do the expected. I am sure most of the ladies doing this challenge did the drawn on or stamped snowflake designs. That's not to say they aren't stunningly beautiful, but I wanted to do something different.

I wanted the feel of a sparkly, winter snowfall. While my camera failed to capture it's sparkle, it still looks pretty good.


I started out with one coat of Julep's [Vivien], it's a gold glitter that is packed with super shiny gold hex glitter. After that I used my dotting tool and with some generic white nail polish I made tiny white dots. 

It's hard to see, but after the white was dry I applied a coat of OPI's [Pirouette My Whistle]. It's a soft silver glitter with bits of white pearl glitter. I think it looks very snow like, but for some reason they didn't want to photograph well. 

All in all, I think it turned out great. Like a gold and silver snow globe! The pearl glitters look like snowflakes and the white dots enhance the look. Next time I may add some pale blue or lavender glitters as well.

I hope you enjoyed my Week 1 look following the theme: Snowflakes

Thank's for reading, please don't forget to subscribe/follow if you haven't already!



No comments: