Saturday, December 8, 2012

Let It Snow Challenge: Week 2

Let It Snow Challenge: Week 2
Inspired by a Christmas Movie, Song or Carroll

This one was really fun to do! I decided to go with "Oh Christmas Tree". My daughter loves to sing it, and she was humming it the other day and it got stuck in my head. 

I started with OPI [Berlin there Done That] as the "undies" of this manicure. Then I topped it off a thin coat of Nicole by OPI [A Gold Winters Night].  It's got gold micro glitter and bar glitter with hints of teal bar glitter. It's the perfect holiday polish!


The Christmas tree accent was really easy. One of the gals on the The Nail Challenge Colaborative Facebook page posted a picture on how to do Chevron with tape. So I just taped off the nail, leaving a triangle shape on the center of the nail. I filled it in with green polish and put some hex glitters and beads on it for ornaments. I found a star shaped glitter and topped my tree! Once it all dried I topped it with my Sologel soak off gel topcoat and cured it for 2 minutes under a 36watt UV lamp. 


These pictures were taken after 4 days of wear! Topping them with gel gives them insane shine and wear! I'm on day 6 of this mani and they still look perfect!


So, that's my week 2 manicure! I hope you enjoyed it! Please check out the other "entries" from the other talented ladies below! As always, thanks for stopping by and don't forget to comment and subscribe!






No comments: